Decision to restart production here at the fremont facility even came as a surprise to californias gov rnor today newsome was asked by a reporter about what his thoughts were on musk reopening the production of end he said that he was not aware of that situation and that he needed some more details on it. But as weve been here tonight weve seen some settles that have been moving in and out of the facility even some new cars rolling into the lots. Keep an eye on out here Tesla Ceo Elon musk restarts production at the companys fremont factory monday. Its the first move in what has been a verbal fight between the car giant and the Alameda County Health Department mosque announcing the restart on twitter saying i will be on the line with everyone else if anyone is arrested i ask that it only be me i dont want to it on get arrested, i think that would be a horrible. A few and something we dont want to see a levee to county supervisor Scott Haggerty who helped bring tessa to fremont says hes
Dinein to happen again. So hearing from governor Gavin Newsome today will be crucial as he will be releasing guidelines for reopening restaurants for dinein as we wait to hear from him. We know last week the California Restaurant Association sent a draft or recommendations to the got office its going to look a lot different they include know sharing tables only family members or people who live together will be able to sit at the same table. Getting rid of the fas salad bars anything thats shared like bread baskets and restaurants will have to be wearing face masks all the servers something theyre already doing and some paper salt and pepper shakers could be replaced by bottles of hand sanitizers so it still looks a lot different restaurants are used to send a sanitizing practices but now they will have to be doubling down on cleaning surfaces and removing tables to ensure social distancing. Restaurants are hoping to regain 25 to 50 of their old Seating Capacity to survive financially
Either boarded up and not open at all where you see them with the writing all over the window saying open for takeout and delivery people had to get creative because its been an extremely difficult time for Restaurant Owners take a look at video. You can see some of the restaurants on Chestnut Street writing all over the windows trying to get people to come to the restaurant just to even the window so that they can stay in business but dining in allowing customers to do so would really get them more money it would allow them to make more money and be a little bit back to normal so hearing from governor Gavin Newsome today will be crucial hell be releasing guidelines for reopening restaurants for dinein in while we wait for that last week the California Restaurant Association sent a draft of recommendations to the governors office, they included no sharing tables unless youre sitting with family members of people you live with. Not you can sit at the same table with them, but its going
60 the distance all over their windows making it clear to customers to come on over just follow the rules hearing from governor Gavin Newsome today will be crucial as many Restaurant Owners are hoping to be able to open up for dinein purposes soon until then we know the California Restaurant Association sent a draft or recommendations to the Governors Office last week that included no sharing tables unless its a family members or people who live with and thats only people will be able to sit with an attorney at the same table to look a lot different dining in get will be getting rid of the fas salad bar shared anything like bread baskets hot sauce is requiring servers to wear face masks in salt and pepper shakers could be replaced and bottles of hand sanitizer. Eateries are hoping to regain 25 to 50 of their old Seating Capacity to survive financially. We talk with people on the street its kind of a mixed bag, some people are ready for this next step of dining in others are happy with
Governor hi sarah good morning. Marty good morning. Yeah, lot of restaurants here in San Francisco have been trying to thrive and survive off take out in delivery while others have just not even been doing that all these shut down, said it wasnt worth it for them because they depend on that Dinein Service for those customers who loved the experience and coming in here on Chestnut Street where a lot of restaurants have either closed down or theyve just been as i said doing the takeout and delivery so restaurants are just sitting idly by waiting to hear from governor Gavin Newsome and will be crucial to hear from an as hes releasing guidelines for reopening restaurants for dinein last week the California Restaurant Association sent a draft or recommendations to the Governors Office they include know sharing tables of course only family members or people who live together well be able to sit at the same table she will be able to grab dinner with a friend or anything like that but getting