The Painful Death of Coal - Mining - Oil Price Community : vimarsana.com

The Painful Death of Coal - Mining - Oil Price Community

13 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:
Great stuff!  Note that 4014 seems to be oil-fired; my guess is that the original configuration was for using Bunker "C", probably 180 centistoke material.  I would be surprised if the Union Pacific can even source that oil today; those run-bys are more likely to be fuelled by rail diesel oil. the Big Boys were originally intended to pull  full consists up the grade over the Wasatch Mountains, without having to stop to couple on any helper locomotives.  But I think they ended up in passenger service for a decade, then relegated to hauls "on the flat" instead of those heavy grades.  I am not a rail aficionado, so my memory is a bit hazy on that. 

Related Keywords

Sherman Hill , Jan Van Eck , Transcontinental Railroad , Union Pacific , Big Boys , Wasatch Mountains , Bib Boys , Main Line , Coal , Uk Germany , Us Production , Recovery Power , Solar Wind Renewable , ஷெர்மன் மலை , ஜான் வேன் ஈக் , இடைக்கால இரயில் பாதை , தொழிற்சங்கம் பெஸிஃபிக் , பெரியது சிறுவர்கள் , வசட்ச் மலைகள் , பிப் சிறுவர்கள் , பிரதான வரி , நிலக்கரி , இங்கிலாந்து ஜெர்மனி , எங்களுக்கு ப்ரொடக்ஶந் , மீட்பு பவர் , சூரிய காற்று புதுப்பிக்கத்தக்க ,

© 2024 Vimarsana