NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) â Police in New Haven said theyâre aiming to reduce gun violence by speaking with those who are most at risk. On Monday, police, along with federal and local prosecutors, announced that theyâd be meeting face-to-face with ex-offenders for the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic last year. âIt's so important to have the face-to-face meetings, that face-to-face contact, offer the services, tell them weâre afraid that your at risk, at risk to possibly shoot somebody or be shot," said New Haven Assistant Police Chief Karl Jacobson. The âcall insâ are part of Project Safe Neighborhood, an approach designed to help reduce and deter gun violence.