But it is no evidence to suggest anybody else was involved in this attack however we're still making extensive inquiries to ensure that no one else was involved mobile phone footage shows com being pinned to the ground on London Bridge some of those intervening were prisoners who had been in the same criminal justice event as him including a convicted murderer on day release 42 year old James Ford he chased the attack calm was well known to the authorities back in 2008 his home in Stoke was raided by counterterrorism police speaking at the time to the b.b.c. He maintained his innocence I've been born and bred in England and Stoke on Trent in Co beach and the older community knows me and they will know you if you ask them . Did label terrorist. I know terrorist but he spent years in the Midlands setting up stalls for make outreach work linked to the prescribed terrorist organization. Which was once led by Anjem Choudary he was convicted for urging support for the Islamic state grape and in 2012 calm was jailed for his part in a proc to blow up the London Stock Exchange and set up a terrorist training camp in Pakistan the sentencing judge thought college should be free from prison only when it was safe to do so giving him an indeterminate sentence but in 2013 the Court of Appeal quashed that and replaced it with an extended sentence of 16 years which required his release at the hof waypoint in December last year come solicitor Sharif said his client had wanted help with the radicalisation but had not got the right assistance it turns out the Home Office and probation service water reason were unable to provide that assistance while he was in custody from our perspective that seemed wrong because while the. He's in custody and he's looking back at his offending behavior and he recognizes Well that's the ideal time to engage and correct his thinking but that wasn't able to happen the attack also raises questions about the extent to which people convicted of terrorism offenses can be radicalized as well as the terms of Usman Khan's license and how he was being monitored once he left prison the Metropolitan Police is aging anyone with information particularly anyone who is at fishmongers hole to contact them tonight the Ministry of Justice said the license conditions of every terrorist offender were being reviewed it said the action was being taken to guarantee public safety rather than because of any particular concern the government's independent review or of terrorism legislation Jonathan hole told the pm program here on Radio 4 that monitoring offenders are they were released posed challenges in the year to the middle of $2929.00 former terrorist prisoners were released who had served senses of more than 4 years including one who had served a sentence of indefinite public protection it doesn't necessarily follow that everyone who is released is a terrorist a person is going to go on and re offend the difficulty is to identify those who will go and commit these sorts for trustees if someone is that determined to go and commit this sort of attack it's very very difficult to stop them Boris Johnson has said he wants to stop convicted terrorists from being automatically released from prison halfway through their sentences he said Friday's attack showed the system was not working here's our political correspondent Helena Wilkinson as investigators try to piece together what happened politicians are trying to work out what if anything went wrong in the system today the prime minister visited the London Bridge area Boris Johnson said the case of those men can showed that the current sentencing system for violent offenders needed to change. For a long time on that I think the. Doctors who automatically early release where you cut a sentence in hock to lit really serious violent offenders out early simply isn't working and I think you've had some very good evidence of how that is working I'm afraid with this case while today election campaigning has been muted the Labor leader Jeremy Corbyn said the London Bridge case raise questions about the decisions to release the attack of from prison I think there's also a question about what information service were doing were they involved at all and whether the parole board should have been involved in deciding whether or not he should have been allowed to be released from prison in the 1st place and also what happened in prison that somebody who clearly was a dangerous as high of 80 was he given a to radicalization program or not questions Mr Corbyn said that needed onscreen urgently tonight there is a political route over who's to blame for any failure has Labor's Yvette Cooper has questioned how the attacker could have been released when he was deemed so dangerous the home secretary pretty Patel has responded blaming the previous Labor government for a law which meant Khan was released automatically of the heart of his jail term she said that law was changed by the Conservatives in 2012 after Azman Khan had been convicted the b.b.c. Has confirmed that Boris Johnson will appear on the Andrew Marr Show in the morning they have been suggestions that Mr Johnson would not be allowed on because he's yet to agree to be interviewed by Andrew Neil the b.b.c. Says it's in the public interest for the power for the prime minister to face questions following Friday's attack political correspondent Tony Ponce Nuri reports Boris Johnson's ongoing failure to agree a date for a one to one interview with angry mail or even to publicly commit to it has proved controversial especially in the wake of Jeremy Coleman's encounter earlier this week the s. And P's Nicholas sturgeon. Has already appeared with bricks at parties nodule for Anjan the Lib Dems Jo Swinson shadowed for the coming week yesterday a b.b.c. Source insisted that the Prime Minister wouldn't appear on the Andrew Marr Show until the corporation had confirmed and announced a date for him to be interviewed by Andrew nail this morning however the b.b.c. Said that in light of the London Bridge attack he believed it was now in the public interest for the prime minister to face questions tomorrow the statement went on to urge Mr Johnson to agree a date to appear on the Andrew Neil show some Labor figures have criticised the B.B.C.'s decision the Labor candidate for offered Northwest treating said the b.b.c. Had been played by Boris Johnson and the London Bridge attack features prominently in the Sunday papers the Sunday Times leads with the prime minister's promise to bring in tough new laws to lock terrorists up and throw away the key after it emerged that the killer was released partway through his sentence for a bomb plot but the paper also speaks to a counter-terrorism expert in Aitchison who says that he warned the government 3 years ago that the parole system couldn't cope with terrorists the observer says Boris Johnson's proposals which he describes as ultra hardline have thrust the terror attack into the center of the election battle the Sunday Telegraph leads with the government ordered review of dozens of the conditions imposed on violent terrorists who've been released from prison in recent years it adds that those out on license are expected to face more frequent meetings with authorities from tomorrow soft justice plays Russian roulette with our lives is the headline in The Sunday Express its story is based on an interview with a former counterterrorism chief Chris Phillips who criticizes the Appeal Court decision that allowed the early release of this man can the Daily Mirror has a blurry picture of the attacker on its front page which it says was taken just 72 hours before he went on to kill it. Says he was casually picking up a chicken dinner. Almost all the papers carry photos of one of the victims Jack married most were taken at his graduation from Cambridge University while the Sunday Times pictures him on holiday with his girlfriend the Sunday People shows the 25 year old celebrating with his parents and uses a tribute from his father as the basis for its headline beautiful spirit who took the side of the underdog. A wealthy businessman has been charged with involvement in the murder of the Maltese journalist Daphne Kerr. Who was killed by a car bomb 2 years ago you're going Fenech has appeared in court and denied the charges against him Damian Grammaticus reports from Malta. Such has been the sensitivity of this case that multis main courthouse was open specially late in the evening for this hearing your going Fenech one of multis richest men was brought in under police guard the family of the murdered journalist Daphne Corona glitzier her parents her sister her husband and 3 sons were all in court they heard Mr Fenech denied charges of complicity in this car on a glitzy as murder of membership of a criminal gang and conspiracy in planting the car bomb that killed the case of course the political scandal because Mr Fenech has alleged in court that the prime minister of multis chief of staff should be under investigation claiming he leaked details of the police inquiry as it was happening senior ministers connected to Mr Fennis have resigned and outside court Miss Carr want to see his family said it was now time for the prime minister Joseph Muscat to resign as the allegations of shady dealings stretch to those around him so far though Mr Muscat has refused to go Dutch police have arrested a 35 year old man after 3 teenagers was stabbed in a department store in The Hague last night all 3 to 15 year old girls and a boy aged 13 have since been discharged from hospital here is our Europe reporter Gavin. The arrest brings to an end a major police manhunts lasting almost 24 hours social media images from the scene showed shoppers fleeing in panic from the main city square moments after the attack in the Hudson Bay department store at quarter to 8 last night I witnesses say they saw 2 girls running and screaming from the store to the street followed by the suspect who fled the scene according to Dutch state t.v. None of the teenage victims knew each other and were reportedly random targets police have described a 35 year old suspect as homeless and stated that it's too early to indicate any motive 2 people have been arrested after a bomb was discovered in county Jamar Police say the device found in a park in Tandragee was crude but viable rail passenger groups serve criticized the decision by train companies to increase fares by an average of 2.7 percent in January that means some commuters face rises of more than $100.00 pounds in the cost of their season tickets rail firms say the extra money will pay for improvements to the network here's our business correspondent Katie Prescott. Passenger groups argue that the majority of people using the railways don't feel they're getting value for money and that service is patchy so the news that says it to rise again next year has not gone down well with rail uses with a month long strike due to begin on Southwest and railway on Monday the announcement is common to bad time the cost of a season ticket from East born to London will go up by 100 $36.00 pounds while commuters between Glasgow and Edinburgh will pay an extra $169.00 pounds sorry Nelson is from transport focus I think passengers are feeling victimized by some fires generally being Friess is all part and parcel of that and they would like to see a more transparent system so they know how how what way and I think I'd like to say simpler ticketed and also tickets out reflect what they want to buy you know you don't have to buy a 5 day week season ticket if you want to use it 2 days train companies say the rise of 2.7 percent is less than the maximum amount allowed July's r.p.i. Inflation figure of 2.8 percent Robert Nisbet the regional director for the rail delivery group which represents the train companies said the extra income would be spent on improving the network what we're doing is ensuring that the day to day running Council pretty much the day to day running costs of the railway are covered which allows millions of extra money to be put where it's really needed so new and refurbished trains and extra services and that's what people want train companies and passengers agree that the current ticketing system is out of date and that they'd like to see a new more flexible scheme for fares put in place that's one of the many issues expected to be addressed in a major review of the rail industry which will report after the election. Facebook has begun complying with Singapore's new social media law which the government says is designed to tackle fake news the company added a short note to an online news post to advise that the Singapore authorities believed it contained false information senior hadn't reports the message from Facebook advising users in Singapore that the government believes the post contains false information is only visible to those using the social media platform inside the city state Facebook's wording in the message tries to make clear that the platform is legally required to post the message it does not alter the content of the original posting however opponents of the contentious law fear that it could stifle free speech in Singapore and may be copied by other countries companies that fail to follow the law could be fined up to 3 quarters of a $1000000.00 While individuals could face up to 10 years in prison the bodies of all 39 people who were found in the back of a refrigerated lorry in Essex have been returned to Viet Nam the repatriation process began 3 days ago some families are reported to have taken out loans to pay for the return of the realm of their relatives Alex Ritson reports. A crowd surrounds the van carrying the body of Anna booted home back to the village where she grew up and like the other victims she's thought to have paid human traffickers to smuggle her into England a local parish priest Follow be a do for hopes her return will give some sense of closure for the local community that did not detect the authorities here and in the u.k. Have created every possible favorable conditions to bring the bodies a year which is the one thing that Alice family wish for the most on behalf of their family I like to thank everyone that has cooperated with that is the oldest of those who died was 44 the youngest to 15 year old boys they may have been illegal migrants but they carried their families hopes and dreams for the future found been isn't as Uncle. Or person power for we have waited for more than a month and now finally I can see her here at home so Firstly I'd like to thank the Vietnamese government for having created favorable conditions so that our family can bring her body her home and secondly I'd like to thank the u.k. Government to the creating opportunities and conditions so that her body of culture come back to our family quickly on behalf of my family then I thank both governments I did for but the return of the borders comes at a price relatives of the victims are being asked to pay more than 2000 pounds to cover the cost of the flights and as the funeral services take place in Vietnam the lorry driver Morris Robinson is awaiting trial in London on $39.00 charges of manslaughter. Just weeks after Venice was devastated by the worst flooding in almost 50 years residents will vote later today in a referendum on whether it should have its own council Venice is currently run by a mayor and local authority in the neighboring city of mystery supporters of the idea believe that the World Heritage Site city needs its own administration to deal with problems such as over tourism and a decline in the local population Italy correspondent Mark Lowen reports it was the high tide roaring winds and a full moon that sparked Venice's nightmare flooding last month but the real problems run deeper rising sea levels and mass cruise ship tourism combined with political failures that have prevented adequate flood defenses Venice is Woza so unique say many of its residents that it should be governed separately from its mainland neighbor mess there a city with which it was joined by Mr Leni in 1906 those backing the proposals say a man and council for Venice itself could stem the city's decline opponents say a split municipality would be costly and bureaucratic 3 previous referendums on this issue rejected separation and another failed to reach the required turnout the recent floods could change things this time giving added urgency to find any solution to save one of Europe's jewels the Southeast Asian Games have begun in the Philippines for the spectacular opening ceremony featuring national heroes including the boxer Manny Pacquiao however build up to the event has been marred by unfinished stadiums a protest against corruption and complaints that athletes accommodation is substandard Howard Johnson reports from Manila tonight's opening ceremony which showcase the Philippines rich culture and ethnic diversity was attended by dignitaries including Philippine president Rodrigo to Turkey and the Sultan of Brunei organizers of the games will now hope it will move the country on from an awkward 1st week which resulted in me. To deter apologizing for the chaotic build up and ordering an investigation but adding to the organizers words whether full causes are now warning that a typhoon will make landfall in the Philippines early next week directly hitting the north of the country where the games are being held a wooden fragment believed by Christians to be part of Jesus' manger has been returned to Bethlehem after more than a 1000 years in Rome the relic just an inch long and less than half an inch wide it was placed in the church of St Catherine next to the Church of the Nativity where according to tradition Jesus was born it was returned on the orders of the pope. When our Sport England will face their 2018 World Cup semifinal conquerors Croatia in the group phase of euro 2020 Wales will have to play Italy with details of that and the rest of the day's action has Dominic Busby the draw for the 2020 European football championships has taken place and unearthed some real tests for both England and Wales our football correspondent John Murray can tell us more England's Euro 2020 campaign will kick off at Wembley a 2 o'clock on the afternoon of Sunday the 14th of June against familiar falls Croatia who defeated Gareth Southgate's team in the World Cup semifinal in Moscow last year but who then England went on to knock out of the nation's league their other 2 group matches our 8 o'clock kick offs against 1st old for Scotland if they come through the March playoffs and then the Czech Republic who lost 5 but beat England in Prague in the recent qualifiers for these finals Wales will go to Azerbaijan to play Switzerland and Turkey before the daunting prospect of Italy in Rome and if Northern Ireland win through the playoffs they'll be in a group with Spain Poland and Sweden so England are in group d. They face the team they lost to in the World Cup semifinal and the England manager Gary Southgate says the Croatians are blessed with some special talent in our midfield where the last time. Now they have to cover search of the bridge so they're kitschy clue as to some of the strengths that they do have and. They've just still got this vast experience of big going and some big players so they maybe don't have huge debts in terms of. 20 players that can come in but they still have some outstanding quality Ryan Giggs is Wales side are in group a they start against Switzerland on June the teens that's followed by Turkey and then a trip to Rome to play Italy but memories are stadium of good memories of that stadium so yeah it was a fantastic sets and. Hopefully it's Lees got a 6 points and apply the reserves products. Like Scotland Northern Ireland also have to negotiate the playoffs should they manage that they'll be