Marine commander suspended after an investigation found he w

Marine commander suspended after an investigation found he was partly to blame for deadly AAV accident


By SARAH CAMMARATA | STARS AND STRIPES Published: May 3, 2021
WASHINGTON — A Marine Corps major general has been suspended from his duties after an investigation into the deadly sinking last year of an amphibious assault vehicle determined he was in part responsible for the accident, a service official said Monday at a House hearing.
Gen. Gary Thomas, the assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, told members of a subpanel of the House Armed Services Committee that Maj. Gen. Robert Castellvi, who oversaw the ground combat unit that was involved in the training when the accident happened, had been placed on administrative leave last week from his duties as the service inspector general.

Related Keywords

California , United States , Washington , Robert Castellvi , Gary Thomas , Marine Corps Forces Pacific , House Armed Services Committee , Battalion Landing Team , Marine Division , Marine Corps , Marine Expeditionary Unit , Marine Corps Combat Readiness Evaluation , கலிஃபோர்னியா , ஒன்றுபட்டது மாநிலங்களில் , வாஷிங்டன் , கேரி தாமஸ் , கடல் கார்ப்ஸ் படைகள் பெஸிஃபிக் , வீடு ஆயுதம் சேவைகள் குழு , பட்டாலியன் தரையிறக்கம் அணி , கடல் பிரிவு , கடல் கார்ப்ஸ் , கடல் பயணம் அலகு , கடல் கார்ப்ஸ் போர் ரெடிநெஸ் மதிப்பீடு ,

© 2025 Vimarsana